it’s not actually a torc • it’s sort of too small? • but it’s shaped LIKE a torc • with spirals & all • green beads • seaglass • sort of going for the celtic look here • i might have succeeded?
no two the same, ever • i’d get bored if i tried that • nothing new, everything is scavenged, salvaged, bartered for, trashpicked, mudlarked, gifted, or thrifted
materials • i found the seaglass while mudlarking along the banks of fountain creek in colorado • technically i suppose it’s creek glass
• i bartered for the wood & green beads with a friend in pennsylvania, trading some of my soap
• the copper wire was gifted to me by my brother-in-law, who salvages it from the generators he repairs for a living
• i found the heavy steel wire along the side of the road
size • the entire piece is about 3.5″ tall
• the torc is 2″ across (measuring to the outside of the spirals)
• the seaglass piece is just about 1.5″ tall
Originally published at The Vagabond Tabby. You can comment here or there.